Unexpected Crashes

• EDIT: The text that follows is the original text of this post, although I've noticed now that these crashes aren't limited to strictly the scenario listed below. There are seemingly spontaneous crashes where the app quits without notice after clicking on various links. The original issue of OAuth leads me to believe that it's possibly something with the storage or retrieval of cookies, though I can't be sure. I haven't as yet noticed a pattern in the crashes, but I'll post more scenarios here when I notice them, as they seem to be one issue (same outcome).

Background

After upgrading to the newest version (1.2.0) of Freeter, an existing widget on my dashboard for JIRA Cloud began crashing when logging in with Google OAuth. Other apps (such as Todoist) do not exhibit this same behavior. After logging in with my email address and password (without issue), quitting Freeter, re-opening, and logging in via OAuth on the same widget worked without issue.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Set up a JIRA Cloud webpage widget on a version of Freeter PRO pre-1.2.0.
    2. Log in to JIRA Cloud using Google OAuth.
    3. Upgrade to Freeter PRO 1.2.0.
    4. Use existing webpage widget to attempt Google OAuth login to JIRA.

Further steps to remove the behavior:

1. Log in to JIRA Cloud with an email address and password.
    2. Quit Freeter 1.2.0.
    3. Re-launch Freeter 1.2.0.
    4. Log in to JIRA Cloud using Google OAuth (crash behavior no longer exists).

Expected Result

Upon selecting the Google account that you wish to use to log in to JIRA with via OAuth, the webpage widget navigates to the authenticated JIRA Cloud instance.

Actual Result

Upon selecting the Google account to be used to log in to JIRA Cloud with OAuth, Freeter PRO 1.2.0 exits immediately without any information until a successful username and password login have occurred (and then OAuth login succeeds).

• @sha1sum Thanks for reporting the issue! This is probably caused by a recent Electron update. Going to revert it back to the previous version and release the hotfix in the next 24-48 hours.

• @sha1sum Done! Please check if it stopped crashing after upgrading to 1.2.1.

• @alexk, looks like it is still happening. I'm on 1.2.1. Was able to connect find to mail.google.com, but in trying to use "Sign in Using Google" for Asana, the page stopped on oauth2 and hung. The app isn't frozen or crashing anymore, but oauth isn't working either. I did try a couple other sites using oauth as well, with the same results.

The webpage widget hangs when it tries to load https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/auth?client_id=...
    Suspect it may be erroring on handling the response..? Been a while since I had to worry about oauth.

I'm running Win10, if that helps.

Looks like your connection to Freeter Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.