Is further Freeter development still planned?

• Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if Alex continues to further develop and support Freeter? I've noticed a lack of responses here lately and didn't get a response to a direct PM/chat sent a few weeks ago.

I have quite a few ideas that could possibly make the app even better than it already is (already great). Plus, there's some stuff on the roadmap I am really counting on being implemented as well.

Just curious, since Freeter has really become a cornerstone of my work process (I use it as the top window on a full screen 90% of the day), and from what I have seen, it would be irreplaceable if discontinued...

Pro version user here BTW. I know this isn't exactly a feature request other than a plea for the continued life of an amazing product, but I'm posting in this section because it seems to be the most used.

Thanks,
    Josh

• @richardtsplett I sure hope so - I noticed Alex changed the text regarding the next release of the Roadmap thread from "Next Release: End of June" to "Next Release: TBA" recently. Being the sole developer of a product is a daunting task - perhaps we can help spread the word about Freeter again and bring in some new pro users to help motivate him? :)

• I really hope so. love this app. a real game changer for me. I'm hoping for the search facility in the web app as this would seriously help my workflow.
    I hope everything's ok with the project. It has worried me a little that the last two roadmap releases have passes without the magic "an update is available" message greeting me when opening Freeter. :/

• @richardtsplett I also like this application very much - there doesn't seem to be anything similar out in the market. Hopefully it doesn't die, maybe he will make it open source.

• First of all I hope that Alex is well. And yes, it would be great if the Freeter development continued. No need to hurry, but riding a dead horse isn't a good feeling...

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• I see his profile shows active from time to time, but no posts at all (for example, it shows he was active 3 days ago by the time of this post). I hope we can see further development, even if is slow, as long as is not abandoned

Looks like your connection to Freeter Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.