Tags and Saved Searches

• This is not exactly the same as an earlier post I made about using tags and saved searches to filter. And, I think this may support the recent "ToDo subitems" post.

I have trouble tracking large and unwieldy projects. I need to tackle them piece by piece. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Unless you are a vegetarian. ;-) Now that I have the pro version, I can create as many projects as I wish. I can create a sub project for each part of the project I have to work through before I can get the whole project done.

How wonderful it would be if I could use file explorer to focus only on what actually contained the files that I was working on. Sometimes when I have multiple sub projects like this they share common folders. When this happens you get more than you bargained for. You cannot simply keep focus on the basis of; “what you see is what you get.”

The only way that I can imagine doing this is to have a Freeter file explorer that is based on interfacing with the systems tags or saved search mechanisms.

As it is, the filtering by color could work if I carefully renamed every file to work with such a scheme - but some files would show up in more than one sub area so we are back to wanting tagging. And, though the color filtering is nice and it is a good start, there is no intelligent way to color a file based on it being used within a recent time frame as in, color red all the files that have not been touched in 30 days or, color yellow all the files that have been used in the past 24 hours.

Freeter is a really nice idea. It is very close to being what I want as I wade through all the things I need to wade through to get work done (elephant sandwich, elephant stew, left over elephant, etc.). It just needs to get a little closer.

Looks like your connection to Freeter Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.