How to sync Freeter across computers?

• Is it possible to sync Freeter across multiple computers? I know that it isn't a web based software but is it possible to save it to Dropbox, Google Drive and open it on another machine.

• administrators

@one9ooh6

Yes, it is possible. Click File on the menu bar, and then go to Settings. Under the "Back up and sync" heading, you will see an explanation of how the feature functions. I would recommend making a copy of your main backup upon first setting a custom backup folder (before syncing another computer to the same folder).

• lol... have you tested this 'feature' ?

I highly doubt it. Freeter fails to work as stated...and even then, it bleaches links to files and other freeter components..even when then file/etc exists in the path.

AKA: I don't think Freeter is even BETA quality. ..and it's above Version 1. shrugs

THE ONLY way I have been able to get projects form one system to another... is by copying the install's appdata Roaming Directory. ..and it's cluttered and unkept. Sloppy.

EVERY SINGLE project is set to use a special folder..and each folder is empty.

Freeter is freeeeeeeeking beta...dude.

• So,...
    windows -> windows, I had to copy appdata/roaming/freeter folder.
    Freeter then had my images,data etc... while all of the settings I had for using CLoud space..were ignored besides for a Freeter.FreeterData json/or/XML file... that only held component placements and texts. No images, links, file links,... basically 80% of Freeter data is not cloud capable in the current suggested sense.

A way around this, for SameOS -> SameOS is use Google backup and sync, I would avoid pCloud for the virtual folders as I reported massive memory leaks and other issues to their CEO last year after weeks of requesting his email address... and i was ignored.

I tested pCloud again...and the massive memory leak is still there.

WHY ARE SOME DEVS SO ARROGANT AND LAZY ?! UUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

• Signed,
      Frustrated as Fook!!!

Looks like your connection to Freeter Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.