A humble design proposition

• Hey Freeter team! Absolutely love the app. One of the things that has stuck out to me however is the very important vertical screen real estate that I think may be getting taken up a bit unnecessarily. A quick run through on my thoughts here...

alt text

Top OSX Bar: It just doesn't do anything important. If fullscreen is a needed option, give it a hotkey or add it to the "View" menu.

Project Selection: You don't really need to see a projects name. Shift for email is a good example of this. Icons will do great.

Manage Projects Gear: These days everyone knows what a gear does, it's for settings of course! :). Let the icon do the work and put it off to the side, it doesn't need to be accessed all the time.

Timer And Other Buttons: Was a little unsure on this one as I'm not entirely sure just how much users are accessing these on a regular basis. But I think it's pretty safe to just make them smaller and bring them down to the side, along with the Edit Layout button.

Anyhow, it's not a pixel perfect mockup, but I hope there is anything useful here for you. I'd love to have more vertical real estate in Freeter!

Looks like your connection to Freeter Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.