Freeter February 2018 Status Update

• administrators

Hello everyone. I am the new(ish) owner of the Freeter project, and I would like to update you on the status on the app and plans for the future.

We acquired the project after using the app daily for my own workflow and noticing that development had stalled. That was in Fall of 2017 (we were the 2nd buyer of the project after the first sale), and I must apologize for letting it sit until now.

I now have a team in place (a developer + a support agent) to push things forward.

Our first task is to update Electron and add a print functionality to widgets. It will be a small update as far as functionality and getting the ball rolling is the #1 goal. The internal deadline for the update is next Friday, and I will update here if anything changes.

I will be cleaning up the forum shortly to delete spam and any other unproductive messages.

You may contact support by email at support@freeter.io with any questions. Thank you.

• Finally! thought this day would never come!

• Hello @joshs,

I have been using Freeter for some time now and I would like to assist in marketing Freeter. Right now, the only disadvantage is that that are still developers, designers, and marketers that are not aware of Freeter and I would like to assist in changing that. If you have the time, please check out my LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/malik-w-dixon-m-s-97bb3715/. I know that can be a great asset to the growing Freeter team. If not I can be a great brand ambassador for Freeter. I can be reached on the LinkedIn site or email me at malik.dixon46@gmail.com.

Thank you for your time in reading this thread.

Malik W. Dixon, M.S.

• @joshs Welcome to the Freeter community. I wish you well in your development efforts with Freeter. I am pleased to see that some progress is being made. And yet, after all the Freeter community has been through, I will take a “wait and see” approach - for a time. I mean this in a positive sense, that is, I am hoping that development does pick up again and yet, I remain a bit cautious. Freeter showed promise to help me in a long stalled out organization process. And then, it ceased to be developed and the forums started to fill with spam. Yuck!

There are things I have to get done and with Freeter being a no-show for so long, I have long since approached the matter using different tools. I am currently hard at work on two projects using my new system and I have little time right now for returning to dabble in Freeter’s development. I will check back from time to time to see which of the many suggestions I have made (and others have made) in the past, are finally being taken into consideration.

I was offering suggestions geared toward using Freeter on my Desktop Mac along with it’s web capabilities. Freeter was developed along more web-centric work flows than I tend to use. I am not currently developing web sites, blogging, or doing much more with the web than using it for research and entertainment. The last new developer was at least giving lip service to this being a good idea. But then of course, he disappeared. I need to stay organized with many projects with many complex parts on my desktop Mac.

Best of luck.

• @joshs Thanx for information and good luck.
    Regards Thomas

• :fingers_crossed: please be real… please be real… please be real…

• administrators

Hi everyone and thanks for the kind words of encouragement.

As an update, we have a Freeter build updated and working on all 3 platforms with the latest Electron release and print functionality. Print functionality is not refined yet but we are still aiming to push the update live to users tomorrow or early next week. Stay tuned.

• woohoo! looking forward to it.

• Hey,

Thanks for the update. I felt like a part of the community even though this is the second time I visit. FYI.

I recently purchased a license and I want to say what an awesome product Freeter is. I had my first configuration completed in less than 5 minutes. I would've bought it too!

Freeter is robust. It just goes to do what you ask. It doesn't hesitate and it'll even give you hints if you get stuck.

At any rate, I had to reinstall everything on my system and I'm having an issue finding the slot to insert the numbers of the license. I'm going to look around and I'm sure I'll find what I need to be able to enjoy the full version of your app. :-)

I'm a little tired now...

• administrators

@ricoramiro Hi Ramiro. Thanks for the kind words. Does the following work for entering the license?

alt text

If still not working, let us know through email at support [at] freeter.io.

• any update on new release?

• administrators

@aditiavfx

Yes, and thank everyone for your patience.

We have Freeter builds ready for Windows, Mac and Linus with print functionality + updated Electron and have since early last week.

We hit a snag however, as the app and all of its previous updates were pushed live through the former owner's Windows publishing certificate and Apple Dev ID. My developer had a previous commitment this week, so I am working to get the proper publishing credentials. I will give another update soon.

• @joshs Congrats on this new challenge. Are you open to consider getting help from people within the community?

I'd even go as far as suggesting open sourcing, but most people (wrongly, in my opinion and experience) assume they'd lose ROI.

Anyhow, any thoughts on that?

Looks like your connection to Freeter Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.