What's going on here?

• I tried. No go.

But he did suggest contacting FastSpring , the payment for Josh's latest contact details. Which I have done, lets see what they say, when they reply.

• fastspring was a deadend too. ugh

any one have any ideas?

• I have messaged Josh on Twitter, where he seems to be still active (https://twitter.com/ReallyJoshy/likes). Fingers crossed.

• awesome! Fingers crossed.

• @Konrad - Keep going and thanks - please update if you hear anything :-) As someone who bought Freeter I'm afraid I'm way past hoping 'Josh' will ever do anything to resurrect it but I would love to know why he doesn't just shut it down/open source it or even just acknowledge that there's a bunch of customers/users out there who care! Thanks again for offering even a chance of resolution in this long running tragic soap-opera 👍🏻

• 0_1550274769478_no answer from josh.jpg

I messaged Josh 4th February. No response. Meanwhile his account was busy liking stuff in the days that followed (last like was Feb 8th) - https://twitter.com/ReallyJoshy/likes.

My assessment is that Josh knows about this thread and has no interest in talking to us. There could be multiple reasons for why he chooses to remain in hiding, but I don't think this is worth speculating about. Help has been offered, but he appears content to let Freeter rot.

I think the only realistic chance of Freeter being saved is if someone offers to buy it from him. If anything can get a reaction from him, that's it.

The only way I think we can increase the chances of this happening is by spreading the word that there is an app (with a loyal customer base) with great potential that is withering away because of a dormant owner/developer.

Alternatively, someone might see the potential and build something similar, which would also be a positive outcome.

• @Konrad I am seriously thinking about building a clone of Freeter. I am trying to find other developers that would be interested in helping with the effort.

• @patbonecrusher It would be great if you did that. Also, I'm sure you'd get support from Freeter users.

• Finally! I thought this was also gonna be a deadend!
    @patbonecrusher pls do!!!!! God bless you!
    Man this josh guy is completely useless. But whatever, but if pat can replicate this, to the 't' and even call it freeter 2.0, I'm pretty sure everyone will jump onto it. and even pay for it. I for one will surely do.

• @patbonecrusher Hey man, if you go further with this, make it a kickstarter or something, or better, open source it (or even both, there are some opensource projects that were kickstarted). I'll happily chip in if you can show that

1. you do have a team, or at least one experienced guy
    2. you can provide different means to contact you if things go south (unnecessary if it's open source though)
      I really love and use Freeter every day as my "SSH central" interface, and I'd love to help a similar solution.

• @ErBen Another life line!

:)

• Hello everybody, I just found out about Freeter and came to see if it was open for development, there's a lot that can be integrated. It is a shame that you hadn't been able to contact the Owner/Developer.
    However I'm interested in the idea @patbonecrusher shared. I started with a Project Management idea last week and was researching for any possible integrations (That's why I found about Freeter). If you would like to get involved please let me know Filling this form

Looks like your connection to Freeter Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.