Multiple requests

• Hello, congrats for the program, I like it very much. While using it I found a list of features that could be useful:

• a widget that allow to add web pages like ios app icons: they are large icons when inactive inside a tab, but when clicked they will open to full screen just like a web page. I would use this to populate some tabs with my most used web apps so that when the tab is open, the page is not loaded (faster user experience), but when I click the icon it will load the web page and expand to the full width size of the tab. On tab switch the web page will close again to large icon
    • custom shortcuts to projects so that it's easy to switch between projects via keyboard
    • shortcut to hide the top bar (either the "file | edit | view | help" and the "project | manage project | ecc." bar ) to have a workspace distraction free, a sort of extension of the F11 shortcut that is available now
    • a color picker added next to already proposed colors for all settings that allow to select a color
    • a toolbar button next to the Search Scopes button that can be populated with tools (links to external programs) that is available for all projects not just the current one. I would use this for my most used apps.
    • possibility to paste a list of strings into the todo widget and transform each line into a todo
    • possibility to tie a timer only to the current project (eg: I have a project called Relax where I have some tabs and each tab has only a full screen website widget that I use only in break time. I set up some timers like "Quick break", "Long break" etc. but I don't need those timers into other projects, so it could be useful when I set up a custom timer to have a switch "Tie to the current project | available for all projects")
    • have openers that can be set up to open an external program
    • possibility to choose custom icons for openers and projects or to upload a png file (that will be auto resized to the icon size)

Giuseppe

• Hi Giuseppe,

Thanks for using Freeter and sharing your ideas! :star2:

a widget that allow to add web pages like ios app icons...

Sounds cool! :heart_eyes: Copied to my to-do list. Will think more about it after the 0.13 - 0.14

custom shortcuts to projects...

Will be added together with the tab shortcuts in 0.12.

shortcut to hide the top bar...

Hm. Can you provide some more info on your use case to get some ideas when it will be helpful.

a color picker added next to already proposed colors...

Do you mean an option to pick your own custom color?

a toolbar button next to the Search Scopes button that can be populated with tools...

Need more info on this one. There is already the Toolkit dropdown that enables you to gather your most used apps and quickly launch them.

possibility to paste a list of strings into the todo widget...

Yeah, that would be a great addition to the to-do list widget :trophy: Will be added on the next update.

possibility to tie a timer only to the current project...

Copied to my to-do list. I'll think more about it after the 0.13 - 0.14. Need to double-check that adding this option will not break the UX.

have openers that can be set up to open an external program...

Need more details on this one. You meant an opener that only launches an external program without opening a file in it? Or ...?

possibility to choose custom icons...

That's the most requested feature for now :) Planned to add a bigger list of icons with the custom icon option on 0.12 - 0.13.

Cheers

Looks like your connection to Freeter Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.